Welcome to the Pender County Schools Online Enrollment, Reassignment Request, Student Release & PACES After School Program application! Pender County students have the opportunity to apply for a reassignment to a school of their choice, if space is available and if certain criteria are met.
Important! Please scroll down the page to see expanded information on the application types we offer.
All applications will be processed electronically. All requests will be checked for accuracy. Any falsification of information may result in your application not being processed and/or denied.
*Please also note that this website is optimized for IE 10.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
Available for 2022-2023 School Year
Available for 2021-2022 School Year
Student District Release / Withdrawal (March 15, 2021 - May 31, 2022)
Note This is for students requesting a release from Pender County Schools to attend school in another county OR current students that need to withdraw from Pender County Schools.
Reassignment Application - In-County (March 15, 2021 - May 1, 2021)
Note This is for CURRENT students only that live IN Pender County and are requesting to be reassigned to a school within or into Pender County Schools. If you are not a current student, do not complete this application.
Reassignment Application - Out-of-County (March 15, 2021 - May 1, 2021)
Note This is for CURRENT students only that live OUTSIDE of Pender County and are requesting to be reassigned to a school within or into Pender County Schools. If you are not a current student, do not complete this application.
Kindergarten Enrollment (March 8, 2021 - June 1, 2022)
Note This is for NEW 2021-2022 Kindergarten Students. This new enrollment option is ONLY for students who reside in Pender County or have been approved through our district transfer policy.
Elementary School Enrollment (1-5) (June 1, 2021 - June 1, 2022)
Note This is for NEW 2021-2022 Grades 1-5. This new enrollment option is ONLY for students who reside in Pender County or have been approved through our district transfer policy.
Middle School Enrollment (6-8) (June 1, 2021 - June 1, 2022)
Note This is for NEW 2021-2022 Grades 6-8. This new enrollment option is ONLY for students who reside in Pender County or have been approved through our district transfer policy.
High School Enrollment (9-12) (June 1, 2021 - June 1, 2022)
Note This is for NEW 2021-2022 Grades 9-12. This new enrollment option is ONLY for students who reside in Pender County or have been approved through our district transfer policy.
PACES After School Program (April 23, 2021 - May 1, 2022)
Note This is for CURRENT students to apply for the PACES after school program.
Address and Bus Information Updates (October 1, 2021 - May 20, 2022)
Note This is for CURRENT students to update address and bus information.
Beginning of Year Updates (July 19, 2021 - September 30, 2021)
Note This is replacing the paper packets sent home each year to all RETURNING students.
Military Information Updates (September 15, 2021 - December 3, 2021)
Note This is replacing the Federally-Connected Survey cards that are sent home each year.
Pender County Schools Reassignment Request Information:
Important Please note the following guidelines if your Reassignment Request is approved:
- Transportation must be provided by the parents, legal guardians, or court-appointed custodians.
- Students and parents must abide by all rules and regulations of the school, including but not limited to strict rules on arrival and departure times. Students must be in good standing at their previous school.
- Unless otherwise required by law or regulation, students who are approved for reassignment must maintain satisfactory behavior, attendance, and academic performance in order to continue in enrollment at the requested school.
- Employees’ children will be approved for reassignment as an employee benefit provided that space is available at the requested school.
- According to NCHSAA guidelines, transfer students may not participate in another high school in the same LEA in any sport except in the event of a bona fide change of residence by the parent(s) or legal custodian. Please consult PCS Board of Education Policy 3621 regarding eligibility for extracurricular activities.
PACES After School Program:
Thank you for your interest in the Pender After School Care Enrichment Services (PACES) program. The program operates from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. The objective of PACES is to provide a safe, nurturing environment and creative learning opportunities that motivate students to succeed. PACES offers:
- Academic enrichment and recreational services
- Healthy afternoon snacks prepared by the Pender County Schools Child Nutrition Department
- Opportunities for creativity and self-expression
- Activities that promote a healthy and active lifestyle
PACES operates on a pre-payment basis. The annual $20 per child registration fee is due upon confirmation of your enrollment prior to your child attending the program. Weekly fees are due in advance of service. Students must attend the program at their assigned school.
We welcome your comments and suggestions to help make PACES a successful experience for your child!
Pender County Schools Online Student Enrollment Information:
Important A student should only be enrolled once and the documentation must match the name of the person completing the enrollment process. If not, please reach out to your school.
We would like to welcome you and your child to Pender County Schools! Please read through the information below to identify the documents required for the Online Enrollment process. You will need the following items in addition to this online packet in order to ensure a prompt enrollment for your child.
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (Lease, Deed, Utility Bill, etc.)
- Current Photo ID of Legal Parent or Guardian
- NC Health Assessment Form
- Immunization Records
- Affidavit of Transfer
- Copies of ALL Current Court Orders Concerning Custody and Visitation, including Protective Orders (if applicable)
School assignment is based on your home address. If you have questions regarding attendance zones, please contact the school nearest you or visit the address lookup HERE.
As a school system, we recognize that each child is a unique individual. The information you provide to us is important in helping us to fully understand your child's strengths and needs. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity.
If you should need any help with the registration process, please contact the school. A Data Manager or School Counselor will be glad to assist you!
CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- If a certified birth certificate is not presented within 30 calendar days of enrollment, the student shall be excluded from school until the certificate is presented.
UP-TO-DATE IMMUNIZATION RECORD
- If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse.
- By law, this must be received within 30 calendar days of enrollment.
- If documentation is not presented within 30 calendar days, the student shall be excluded from school until proof is presented.
NC HEALTH ASSESSMENT TRANSMITTAL FORM
- For all students new to North Carolina Public Schools.
- Must be the NC DHHS form, provided by a doctor's office.
- By law, this must be received within 30 calendar days of enrollment.
PHOTO IDENTIFICATION OF PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License OR Valid North Carolina Identification Card
- Valid Military Identification Card
PROOF OF PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN'S RESIDENCE IN PENDER COUNTY
Only students who physically reside within the boundaries of Pender County and non-resident students who have obtained approval from the School Board may legally attend Pender County Schools.
Items that may be used for Proof of Residency:
- Copy of residential deed
- Record of most recent residential mortgage statement
- Copy of residential lease
- HUD closing statement
- Utility bill or work order dated within past 30 days, including: gas, water, electric, telephone, or cable
WITHDRAWAL FORM AND MOST RECENT REPORT CARD AND/OR HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT
- Not applicable for those entering kindergarten for the first time.
- Home-School Students should provide a copy of the Home School Registration, Attendance Record, Standardized test scores, and a record of the courses taken with credit awarded.
COPIES OF ALL CURRENT COURT ORDERS CONCERNING CUSTODY AND VISITATION, INCLUDING PROTECTIVE ORDERS
- Custody paperwork authorized by a judge OR Social Services/foster care placement is required for all students not living with their natural parent.
- Without court-ordered documentation, we can not deny a biological parent access to a student or student's records.
Note: Notarized documents (i.e. online Power of Attorney) are not considered legal guardianship documents.
Pender County Schools
925 Penderlea HWY
Burgaw, NC 28425
For Technical Support or Payment Issues, Contact:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM